Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pregnant Pause-Inspired Outfit

On Monday, I reviewed the book Pregnant Pause by Han Nolan.  In the book, Eleanor gets married in an orange dress (not necessarily the best choice for a wedding but this is an awkward marriage).  So I decided to create what I think would be fitting if I were to get married in an orange dress.  I used my own wardrobe for this design since I had all the pieces I wanted.  Here it is:


The image is a little blurry (sorry!) but let's just say it was an early morning when I took this photo!

So let's break it down:
  • The orange dress is short and summery and very fitting for an informal wedding.  Easy to move in but still shows that you're taking the day seriously.
  • I threw a cream blazer with it to formalize it a bit (the dress is sleeveless). 
  •  A gold glitter belt adds some fun while accentuating the waist; even when I was pregnant I loved wearing thin belts.
  • Cream flower heels are a soft, sweet touch.

Dress--Francesca's Collections
Blazer--Charlotte Russe
Belt--Charlotte Russe
Heels--DSW

*I am not associated with any of the above companies.
 
So what do you think?  Do you think someone could pull this off in a last-minute, informal, courthouse wedding?  I do!  Get it?  I do!  

Come back tomorrow to see my review of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment