Saturday, September 7, 2013

Add a Little of The Hunger Games to your Saturday...

Today I'm starting a new feature called "Add a Little ... to your Saturday."  It's basically just a chance for me to show off something from my week, mostly book or fashion-related.  And of course, I'd love to hear what YOU'VE added to your Saturday, so leave a comment below!

Today, I'm adding some of The Hunger Games to my Saturday.  I have a special place in my heart for this series for two reasons--1. It was just a super-fun and action-packed read, and 2. I met Suzanne Collins and had my copy of The Hunger Games signed before it really hit the big time.

So while out on a jog a few days ago, I was happily surprised to come across this street sign:


I really loved the character Prim from The Hunger Games and was devastated when her fate came to be in the final book of the series (I seriously had to re-read that scene multiple times because I refused to believe it--Why, Suzanne, oh why?!).  Prim reminds me of my younger sister, Lauren.  I tried to watch out for Lauren as we were growing up, making sure she had someone to help her through (like middle school, having foot surgery, going to church camp, etc.).  Maybe all that help I gave her is why she became a school counselor?!  Ok, probably not.  But like Prim, Lauren is soft-spoken, sweet, and super-thin.  Now too bad I'm not as kick-butt as Katniss with a bow and arrow!

So what have you seen/done this week?  What's a part of your Saturday?  Let me know in the comments!

And tomorrow, I'm back for my first OOTD--outfit of the day.  It's what I'm calling my "September look."  See you then!


No comments:

Post a Comment