Friday, September 27, 2013

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl-Inspired Outfit

In the book Me and Earl and the Dying Girl, Greg takes pride in the fact that he doesn't just belong to one clique.  He's a browser of sorts--he gets along with all of the cliques but doesn't belong to any of them.  I like to think that I was a little like this in high school because I tended to get along with everyone.  But I will be honest that if I were to be labeled in a clique, it would definitely be the nerdy, goody-goody clique.  So that's the inspiration for today's outfit.  I chose a clique in which Greg would visit but not join: the nerds.  Here's a fashionable look inspired by nerds everywhere:


Preppy Look 

Oooh, the nerd in me loves this!

So let's break it down:
  • The green T-shirt is so nerdy chic.  It's a bunch of math equations in a handwriting font--love it!
  • Blazers and plaid make me think of intellectual professors, so I added in a combination of both.  The contrast of the blazer and T-shirt is so great because it lightens the mood of the "smart" look.
  • The jeans I chose are slim but not super skinny.  They give you some breathing room while still keeping the outfit chic and informal.
  • Oxford shoes?!  Love them!  You can get oxfords in all kinds of colors and glitters nowadays, but I chose simple, clean brown.
  • A leather backpack--the ultimate nerd accessory.  I love wearing backpacks (especially on both shoulders!) and this one is particularly beautiful.

So what do you think?  Does this represent a well-stereotyped nerd (with a little of "chic" mixed in)?
What would you design for a clique?

Check back here this weekend to see what I've been up to with my family and what I've been wearing!


No comments:

Post a Comment