Friday, September 6, 2013

Girl of Nightmares-Inspired Outfit

Ok, today's outfit--based on Girl of Nightmares--may not be what you'd first expect after reading my book review.  And yet it's exactly what I envisioned in my head when I decided to design an outfit.  

In my review, I mentioned that I LOVED a particular scene that takes place in a forest.  It's creepy, dangerous, suspenseful...it's great!  So that is where I started in my design: the forest.  Which means I needed an outfit that was easy to move around in (in other words, no high heels in this outfit).  And it needed to have some danger/kick-butt subtleties to it since this is the part of the book when Cas is on a mission to save Anna.  Add in a little girly touch and here's what I designed:





I love it!

An edgy, girly look that is perfect when you're on a mission to save your love!
Let's break it down:
  • I chose black as the main color since Cas is on a mission and trying to stay low-key.  I mean, every movie with someone going undercover, spying, or tackling a mission has the character in black, right?  The skinny black pants and sleeveless blouse are a great combination in an outfit (I'm kind of obsessed with skinny jeans/pants).  Easy to move around in these pieces and they just look sleek.
  • The slouchy flower boots add edge to the outfit and really distinguish this as a "mission" outfit.  I can totally see someone running through the woods in boots like these!  And of course I love the pink in the shoes!
  • The nail polish is a silver shimmer that has hints of other colors in it.  A kick-butt kind of color.  No one messes with silver.
  • And the pink necklace?  Just a girly touch that ties in with the shoes.  And this isn't the kind of necklace that gets in your way; it's bold in just the right way.
So what do you think?  Could you see yourself adding some kick-butt items into your wardrobe?

Check back here tomorrow for my first "Add a little...into your Saturday."  It's just a random weekly feature that shows something from my week that made me smile.  
And Sunday's post will feature my own OOTD (outfit of the day).  I'll be showing off my idea of a perfect September dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment