Monday, August 24, 2015

REVIEW--Inhuman

You guys.  If you loved The Hunger Games or Divergent, you HAVE to read this book.  I just randomly picked it up for a teacher friend and he came back raving about it.  And then I read it.  And oh my word I LOVED it!

So let me tell you why!

13517617 
  • Book one in the Fetch series
  • Dystopian
The Gist:
Lane lives in a futuristic America that has been overtaken by a really bad virus.  Like if you get bit by an animal and get the virus, you eventually turn into that animal.  So a wall has been built to protect the west side of the country from the eastern, mutated side.  And Lane feels completely safe on her west side.  Until, that is, she is taken into custody and told that her ever-careful father is actually a Fetch, someone who illegally crosses the border to transfer materials.  To save herself and her father, Lane must complete his final Fetch task...but how will a Western girl ever survive The Savage Zone in the East?

What I Loved:
  • Everson!  Rafe!  I love them both!  I just don't know who I want Lane to choose.
  • The cliffhanger ending with Rafe--oh my goodness!!!!  What will happen to him?!
  • This book is dystopian, yes, but it is SO UNIQUE compared to all the others out right now.  No factions/districts/etc.
  • The ending is SO EXCITING.  I couldn't stop reading the final few chapters.
  • The Tiger-Man, the lionesses--I loved their unpredictability (as is the case with animals).
  • The villains were just so so good.
What I Didn't Love:
  • In Lane's second interaction with the Tiger-Man, I felt like Rafe and Everson should've known better than to let her go outside alone.  I saw that coming a mile away.
  • The cover.  It could be so much more.
I absolutely adored this book and am dying for Kat Falls to finish the sequel!  Supposedly it's supposed to be published in 2015, but Goodreads doesn't even have a title for it.  I'm dying!


I said recently in my MidYear Book Freakout video that Extraordinary Means is my favorite read of the year, but this book might just tie it.

No comments:

Post a Comment