Friday, August 14, 2015

Outfit Inspiration--Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

You guys.  I am obsessed with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  I'm reading the sequel, Hollow City, right now and it is a-mazing!  And since the third book in the series, Library of Souls, is coming out next month (!!!!), I thought it would be fun to design an outfit reminiscent of the books.

The covers of these books draw you in since they use actual photography.  I love the black and white, old school, creepy feel of them.

9460487   23164983

Aren't they creepy?  And cool?

So the books take place in both present day and the 1940s...so I designed an outfit to go along with the black and white 1940s.


This skirt is perfect for these book covers!  It's a mix of black, gray, and white.
I paired it with a graphic tee that says "Forever After."  I think that phrase perfectly describes Jacob's feelings for Emma.

These shoes are so adorable!  They totally have a 1940s vibe.
A silver bangle cuff completes the look.

I added some black tights (a 1940s lady wouldn't have shown bare legs, right?).

This outfit made me happy.

What do you think?

Skirt--Ann Taylor
Tee--Old Navy
Shoes--DSW (brand XAppeal)
Bangle--gift

No comments:

Post a Comment