Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Under the Never Sky-Inspired Outfit

On Monday I reviewed Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, and in the book Aria is a Dweller.  This means she has lived in a Dome all her love and has experienced many technological advances.  So that's the inspiration for today's outfit--someone who hasn't been outside much and is technological.  And this is what I designed:

Sleek, Futuristic Look

So let's break it down:
  • I wanted a clean, sleek white jacket to really show the futuristic, technological side of the book.  This leather one is gorgeous (It's a Guess brand for $140) and a perfect fit!
  • I decided to pair the white with black because I just didn't see a lot of color happening in Aria's Dome (if they want color, they just create their own imaginative space).  These black skinny jeans were a practical pick (although the price isn't too practical--$220 from Frame Denim).
  • Black suede ankle boots (from Karen Millen--$299) keep the outfit contemporary and serious.
  • A silver watch is sleek and shiny, and I always think of metallics when I think of the future.  This one is DKNY for $265.
  • Aria wears a SmartEye, so I picked some sleek glasses to complete the outfit.  These are Fulton glasses for $39.
So what do you think?  Could this pass as a Dweller look?  
I'll be back tomorrow to review Through the Ever Night, the sequel to Under the Never Sky.  And Friday you'll get to see an Outsider-inspired outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment