Friday, November 22, 2013

Through the Ever Night-Inspired Outfit

This week I reviewed Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night, two books in the Under the Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi.  Needless to say I can't wait for the third book to come out next year!

So today's outfit is based off Through the Ever Night and focuses on something an Outsider might wear (since I already designed an outfit for a Dweller).  I wanted the outfit to be a little rugged and adventurous but still have some style.  And here it is:

Chic Rustic Look 
(Obviously an outfit designed for Aria or other females)

So let's break it down:

  • I wanted cargo pants since they allow for pockets and movement, but I didn't want baggy cargos with no shape.  These are great because they have the look of a skinny jean without being so skinny.  And the color, a navy/gray, is great, too, since it allows for dirt to not be so noticeable (this is an outdoor look, after all!).
  • The mint printed blouse adds a rugged look to the outfit without being too bold.  I could definitely see Aria in this--she's feminine and sweet but also constantly running around.  And of course it needs a white cami underneath...I chose one that has a little bling on the front to make it a little more feminine.
  • I LOVE these boots!  Totally fun for being outdoors and still looking like a girl!  I love the metallic detailing around the ankle--a perfect choice for this look!
So what do you think?  Could you see Aria wearing this in the Tides' tribe?

I'll be back this weekend to show off a painting project and an outfit of the day!  See you then!

Blouse--Equipment Daddy--$110
Tank top--Witchery Broderie--$75
Cargo pants--J Brand--$285
Boots--BCBGeneration at Macy's--$169

*I am not associated with any brands or companies mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment