Friday, November 8, 2013

The Elite-Inspired Outfit

Hi, friends!  Ok, first of all, I'll be posting tomorrow about my experience meeting author Ruta Sepetys last night.  I CAN'T WAIT to post about it!  One of my favorite experiences ever!!

Ok, but not to overshadow today's post on The Elite by Kiera Cass!  I reviewed this book on Wednesday, and remember it is the second book in The Selection series.  And you just can't design an outfit on these books unless you're going to base the design off the covers.  Let's see them again, side by side:

10507293  16248068 

Now as lovely as these covers both are, I have to admit I like The Selection's cover better. I think it's the layering in the red dress...it's just a little too...hmmm...Gothic-looking for me.  I prefer the girliness of the ruffles in the teal dress.

So I decided for today's outfit to find a dress that combined both of these dresses--the ruffles and tulle of the first with the color of the second.  And I love the result!  Here it is:

Red Tulle Layers 
Ahhh!  I love it!

So here's the breakdown of the look:
  • This GORGEOUS dress is a 1950s vintage wedding dress!  It's the beautiful red color I wanted with tulle ruffles!  Score!  And just like the dresses in the cover, it is strapless.
  • I paired the dress with a small, glittery black clutch.  It's elegant and just adds a touch of glam to the dress (and this clutch is only $30 from Target!).
  • Black heels...the perfect accessory when you want the dress to get all the attention.  These are Karen Millen and run a little shy of $200.
  • When I have a strapless dress, I like to pair it with a long, elegant necklace.  This filigree heart pendant is beautiful and feminine and perfect for this book since it's all about falling in love with Prince Maxon!  This specific necklace is from Tiffany's and runs about $9500...eek!  No wonder it's so gorgeous!
So what do you think?  Doesn't it look like the great match-up between the two covers?

Come back tomorrow to hear all about Ruta Sepetys...I can't wait!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment