Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Character Names I Love

Hi, readers and fashionistas!  Today's Top Ten Tuesday (hosted by the Broke and Bookish) is about character names.  I love me some character names!  And they're getting more and more creative as time goes on.  So here are the top ten character names that I love:



  • Ember from Article 5...I LOVE the name Ember.  I actually wanted to use it for a daughter if Baby #2 was a girl.  A neat twist on the traditional "Amber" with some pretty cool meanings behind it
  • Pierce from Abandon...Pierce is a girl in this book, and I love using some of the more traditional guy names for girls (like Spencer, Christian, etc).  A strong name for a girl :)
  • Xander from Matched...A cooler version of the traditional "Alexander"
  • Katsa from Graceling...Katniss is so popular now that I like this similar but different name (similar but different...does that even make sense?)
  • Severus Snape from Harry Potter...I love alliterations in names and I love the way that this name rolls off the tongue.  Plus "Severus" just has this evil sound :)
  • Eleanor from Eleanor & Park...names like these, the more traditional names rarely used, are ironically becoming more popular and just have that cool factor.  I could have an Eleanor as a daughter :)
  • Park from Eleanor & Park...c'mon, Park is just a cool name.  People don't mess with a Park.
  • Lev from Unwind...I love shortened names, and Lev (once again) has that short, cool factor.  
  • Arden from Eve...I've always loved the name Arden because it's not as cutesy as so many other female names.
  • Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars...maybe I'm just biased because I love Augustus.  But what a cool yet cute name.  Just like his character :)
So what are some of your favorite character names?

See you back here tomorrow when I show off an outfit inspired by The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson!


No comments:

Post a Comment