Friday, October 11, 2013

Beauty Product Inspired by Waiting

Yesterday I reviewed the book Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams, which is about London and her family in the midst of a family tragedy.  London's family is a missionary family and lived overseas in their work of spreading the Good News.

So that got me thinking...

As a missionary, what would be your go-to beauty product?  I mean, let's be honest, beauty probably isn't at the top of everyone's concerns when they're packing their suitcase for Africa.  But nevertheless, hygiene is important.  So I picked my favorite beauty product that a missionary family would want to use: dry shampoo!  

Have you tried dry shampoo?  I love it!  It's great for second- or third-day hair that just needs a little sprucing up.  And a missionary would probably love not having to find water and a towel every time they wanted to clean up a bit.

Two pieces of advice when working with dry shampoo--
1--Don't use this to replace your good old fashioned shampoo.  Dry shampoo, like I said, is great for giving yourself a refresher, but I don't think it's a full replacement in cleaning your hair.
2--Make sure you follow the directions and rub it in properly.  Some dry shampoo is white and you don't want to look like you have dandruff...

Need a recommendation for a dry shampoo?  I suggest Dove Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo--it's pretty inexpensive and does the job!  *I'm not associated with Dove or any other company--I just like this product.

 

Do you use dry shampoo?  What do you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment