Friday, January 10, 2014

Welcome to Dauntless!

Ahhh, Dauntless.  The brave and often reckless.  Definitely NOT the faction I'd choose (even though I've joined a CrossFit gym and love it!).  This the faction that Tris chooses, and we get to see her personality blossom as she shows off her adventurous side.

The Dauntless wear a lot of black and relish their tattoos; those two features inspired today's outfit.  And here it is:

Dauntless

Oh yes, it's so Dauntless.  Here's the breakdown:
  • I definitely wanted black leather pants...they are the epitome of an edgy, dangerous personality.  You don't often see a shy person rocking these out!
  • In the novels, Tris frequently comments on the tattoos that she sees people choose (and the Dauntless have many!).  So I chose a one-shoulder drape top; this shirt allows a woman to show off her awesome shoulders AND any tattoos she's had there.
  • See the black flats?  The Dauntless would need flats for all the running/jumping/etc that they do.  These have really fierce spikes on them that send out that "don't mess with me" attitude.
  • I wanted at least a hint of color, so I threw in some blood red nail polish.
  • I envision the Dauntless wearing their hair like this--it's a low bun that allows a woman to be super active.
So what do you think?  Could you see Tris wearing something like this?!

I had SO much fun designing outfits for all the factions this week!  Tomorrow I'll let you know what I thought of Allegiant, the final book in the series.

Come to Bed red nail polish by Butter London--$15
Jane Norman one-shoulder drape top--$23
Saint Laurent leather trousers--$2890
Zara leather flats with studs--$100

*I am not associated with any of the companies or products mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment