Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Aristotle and Dante...-Inspired Outfit

Happy Wednesday, friends!  

Today was a surprise for me--my boys' babysitter was sick, so I only worked a half-day and stayed home with the kiddos...which is definitely why this post is getting up so late (those boys are so cute that I give them all my attention!).

On Monday I reviewed Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, a beautifully-told story of two guys trying to discover their real identities (and yes, all the other secrets of the universe, too!).  Today's outfit is based off of Ari, the protagonist.

There are two traits of Ari that really drove this outfit design for me--first, he always wears an old rock n' roll shirt and scuffed clothes (much to his mother's chagrin), and second, he has started taking Dante's advice by reading some classic literature.  So with those two in mind, here's what I designed:

The Classics--Books and Rock n Roll
So let's discuss it, shall we?

  • So I chose a classic rock n' roll shirt, of course.  I love the typography on this one and it looks a lot nicer than the old threadbare one that Ari struts in.  A bold shirt that could easily be worn under a long-sleeved button-up shirt for a dressier-yet-comfy look.
  • Some scuffy-ish jeans (yes, I just used the term "scuffy-ish!") to play off the t-shirt.
  • Some white converse shoes.  Dante could care less about shoes but Ari stuck to the standards of wearing shoes.  Converse just have that classic cool and relaxed look.
  • I found this great rubber bracelet with "Of Mice & Men" typed on it.  I wanted something literature-related, and this was a cool way of incorporating it.
So what do you think?  Do you see the inspiration?

Tomorrow I'll be back with a very fun post--I'm entering a fashion contest!  Come and comment on my design, would ya?


T-shirt--Amplified
Jeans--Snake & Dagger Rock Viper 20 Years jeans in vintage look
Shoes--Converse
Bracelet--Hot Topic

*I am not associated with any companies or products mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment