Monday, January 27, 2014

Bomb-Inspired Outfit

Last week I reviewed a nonfiction (gasp!) book by Steve Sheinkin--it's called Bomb: The Race to Build--and Steal--the World's Most Dangerous Weapon and is all about the building of the atomic bomb.  So that means it was set during WWII.  So of course I had to design an outfit today for that time period.  And here's what I created:

I like to imagine that my grandmothers wore outfits like these in the 40s!

Here's the breakdown:

  • The plaid pencil skirt was a staple in the 1940s.  I kept the pattern simple here--navy with tan and gray lines.  
  • To lighten the look, I added a peach ruffled blouse.  Going sleeveless was probably a little risky for the 40s, but this is an interpretation, right?
  • Blue pumps.  You always saw ladies in pumps, and this color nicely complements the clothes.
  • A pearl bracelet to keep the outfit soft and sweet.
  • A boater hat...I love the hats of this time period! A fun way to add some pizzazz to the outfit!
So what do you think?  Does this show off the ladies of the 40s?

I'll be back tomorrow with a new book review!  See you then!

Skirt--House of Fraser
Blouse--Modcloth.com
Shoes--Aldo
Bracelet--Bloomingdales
Hat--6pm.com

*I am not associated with any companies or products mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment