Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Welcome to Candor!

Hi, friends!  Yesterday I designed an outfit inspired by the Amity faction from the Divergent trilogy.  Today I'm moving on to Candor, the faction known for those who tell the complete, and sometimes blunt, truth.  I have a student who I jokingly tell would DEFINITELY belong in Candor--he's completely honest with me, even when it's something I don't want to hear!

The Candor faction is all about black and white--because the truth should be just that, right?  Their symbol is a weight scale, so I felt that this was pushing my outfit to be more business-like than casual.  And here's what I designed:

Totally Candor, right?!

Here's the breakdown:
  • Because I wanted a business look, it seemed only obvious to go with nice black pants (J Jones New York for about $37) and a printed top.  I love this polka dot blouse with the tie in front; it's professional but fun at the same time.  This top is no joke--$435 from Avenue32.com! 
  • Aren't these heels awesome?!  Again, very professional, but they add a bit of fun and surprise.  I can just see someone clicking down the Candor halls in these shoes.
  • I love the size of this white watch with black lettering.  It's a bold accessory that really completes the look.  And it's only about $40 from The Buckle!
  • Black hoop earrings are feminine and sweet, but again--professional.  These particular earrings are Steve Madden and retail for about $22. 
So what do you think?  Would you wear this if you were Candor?

Tomorrow we're moving on to Erudite, the smart and somewhat proud.  See you then!

*I am not associated with any companies or products mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment