Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Way I See It-Inspired Look

Happy Wednesday!  On Monday I reviewed Melissa Anderson's book, The Way I See It.  It's a biography on her time as Mary Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie.  So I decided (of course!) to design an outfit based off a good old prairie girl (but no bonnets allowed).  So here's what I designed:

Down on the Farm Look 

Here's the breakdown:
  • I had to go with plaid, of course!  I picked a cute plaid tunic dress that has a little bit of country flair.  The colors are deep and perfect for the end of summer/fall season.  This particular dress is $35 through shopruche.com.
  • Brown boots--yes!  Very country, indeed, and these are super cute with the double buckle detail.  These are BYO Banjo Boots for $50.
  • The dress didn't have much around the waist, so I added a skinny belt.  The yellow really brightens up the outfit.  I think the belt is perfect for showing off those hips!  This is from Fossil for $32.
  • Dainty hoop earrings keep the outfit a little glamorous without going overboard.  These are Alexis Bitter hoops for $195.
  • I love the big purse (more like a bag, really) with the double colors of black and white.  This particular one is pretty pricey, though--$2550 from Sac de Jour.

So what do you think?  Is this a contemporary interpretation for a Little House look?


I'll be back tomorrow with another book review--see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment