Friday, December 20, 2013

All the Right Stuff-Inspired Recipe

I loooove soup.  It's one of my favorite meals to make during the colder months.  Unfortunately, my hubby isn't a big soup fan, so I have to make sure it's a GOOD soup if he's going to have it for dinner.  And this, by far, is one of my favorite soup recipes.

Maybe it's because my friend Megan introduced it to me.  She's one of my dear friends who now lives cross-country, so I guess this soup just always brings her to mind.

Why am I talking about soup on a book blog?  Because yesterday's review on Walter Dean Myers' book All the Right Stuff had a lot of soup references.  It just fit perfectly!

So here's my favorite recipe for taco soup!

Taco Soup

* 1 large can tomato sauce  
* 1 can Rotel  
* 1 can diced tomatoes  
* 1 can sweet corn
* 1 can pinto beans (drained)  
* 1 can black beans (drained)
 * 1 packet taco seasoning
* 2 packets Ranch Seasoning
* 1-1.5 lbs. ground beef or turkey

Brown meat. Combine with other ingredients. You can cook this 2 ways...

  • Place in slow cooker. Heat on High for 2-3 hours or Low for 4-5. 
  • Mix it all in a large stockpot and heat together on the stove for about 20 minutes.
Serve with your favorite shredded cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips! 

Bon appetit!  I'll be back next week with one book review before I go to celebrate Christmas with the family!  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment