Friday, December 13, 2013

Awaken-Inspired Outfit

Happy Friday, everyone!  Yesterday I reviewed Awaken, the third book in the Abandon trilogy by Meg Cabot.  For today's outfit I was inspired by Kayla, Pierce's (human) friend in the book.  She's adventurous and feisty but also a bit of a romantic.  Plus in the book she wears a beautiful lavender dress, which led me to today's look:

Casual Look with a Kick 
Oooh, I think it fits Kayla perfectly!  Let me explain why:

  • The polka dot shirt (an Equipment "Riley" polka dot blouse for $168) reminds us that Kayla has an edgy side to her.  In other words, she'd not going to be wearing button-up cardigans.
  • I added the lavender scarf for a few reasons.  It complements the stark black and white shirt so well!  It brings in the color of her lavender dress in the book.  But it also represents the necklace that Pierce wears in the book (which turns lavender any time Kayla is near).  It is a perfect choice for this look!  *It's a Halogen Linen Blend Scarf for $29.
  • Skinny jeans just complete the outfit and make it super contemporary.  These are Seven for All Mankind and are $275...ouch!
  • The black ankle boots (Camille Block Heel Zip Ankle Boots, to be exact) again bring in the edgy, don't-mess-with-me aspect to the look.  And that is so Kayla's attitude.
So what do you think?  Would you be willing to wear a "Kayla" outfit?
I'll be back tomorrow to share a cute Christmas tradition of mine, and then Monday with another review!  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment