Monday, November 30, 2015

Hollow City-Inspired Outfit

And I'm back!  I had a week to enjoy my family and collect my thoughts and now we're back into our normal schedule!

Before Thanksgiving break, I reviewed Ransom Riggs' Hollow City, the second book in the Miss Peregrine series.  I love this series and have already planned to read Library of Souls over Christmas break.

Earlier this year I designed my own outfit to fit the Miss Peregrine series, but today I thought I'd share an outfit geared toward one of the characters--Fiona.  Fiona is a very minor character in this book; in fact, she's not in the book for the second half.  But I'm so intrigued by her.  She loves Hugh but they're very quiet about their admiration for each other.  She doesn't talk because of a previous trauma in life.  She's reserved but steps in when needed and obviously loves the other peculiars.  So I decided to design a contemporary outfit based off her peculiarity with nature. 

Here it is!

So again, this is an outfit I designed based off of her character--not something I think she would wear.  That's what I love about this blog--I get to take characters and represent them through current fashion.

Here are the details:
  • Since Fiona is all about nature, I found a leaf print blouse.  I love the variation in greens, and I think the color pairs nicely with the burgundy corduroy skirt.  These have a definite nature feel.
  • The shoes and accessories again bring in a feminine yet rustic look.  Tall brown boots give the outfit an outdoor feel, and the brown watch and gold leaf earrings are simply yet sweet.
What do you think?  Would YOU wear an outfit like this?

To find all the individual pieces of the outfit, check out this resources link.

Many more book reviews/outfits coming up in the next few weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment