Friday, November 6, 2015

A Time To Dance-Inspired Outfit

Happy Friday!  Whew, after this week I am READY for a weekend!

Yesterday I reviewed A Time to Dance, a lovely book about a girl overcoming adversity and finding her love in dancing.  The book taught me quite a bit about Indian culture and dance, so today's outfit is inspired by the female protagonist Veda and her love of the dance bharatanatyam (look it up on Youtube; it's really cool!).

This outfit is inspired by the clothes used in bharatanatyam.  Here's what I came up with:

  • These flowing pants are very popular in bharatanatyam, so I chose a pair that wasn't too bright or patterned.  The black button-up top is similar to the shirts seen on the male dancers.
  • The black flats are simple yet a definite part of the outfit.
  • Bubble bracelets and anklets are very popular in the dance, so I chose a group of bracelets that are similar yet still chic.
  • Evil eye earrings ward off bad spirits--there's much symbolism behind them.
So what do you think?  Do you see the resemblance?

Want to see details about this outfit?  Get all the specific here!

No comments:

Post a Comment