Tuesday, October 20, 2015

My Stylish Week

This week is Fall Break, ya'll!  And it has been so great already--but more about that next week since this post is all about LAST week.  And it was a great one!  Here's a look:

 I just love the colors of fall--the burgundies, the golds.  This was a fun, relaxing Sunday outfit.

And I still just can't get over this Baublebar necklace.

But my fashion last Sunday was completely overshadowed by this awesome moment--my husband saying "I'm all in" to following Christ and re-dedicating his life through baptism.  Such an emotional moment, and I still get choked up every time I watch it.


We're on an oatmeal kick in our house, but oatmeal doesn't have to be boring!  This is carrot cake oatmeal--but the healthy kind!  Get the recipe here.  And the best part of it is that you make it the night before and have a rush-free morning.

My students are gearing up for an author visit (Francesca Zappia, author of Made You Up), so we made some melted crayon art to replicate the cover of her book.

This is such a fun sweater to wear, and it got a lot of attention from my students.  And it even has a name--the "No Drama Llama" sweater!

Friday was Boss's Day (which I didn't even know!) but my assistant got me a lovely card.  Since her name is Julia, too, she addressed my envelope "Julia 1."

I made a fun (and yes, a little difficult) spider web for my front door.  It uses the himmeli technique of folding and wiring straws.


We drove to Nashville, TN to visit with my high school buddy Brooke.  Man I miss that girl!  She's my friend that I immediately fall into place with when I'm around her.  We just fit so well.  We took our kiddos to a pumpkin patch (with a pumpkin train!) and snuck off to a winery for a few hours by ourselves!
 I couldn't believe BOTH boys were big enough to sit on the pumpkin train all by themselves!

Me and Brooke--and her cute chubby baby!

The view from the winery was just breathtaking.

So what made your week stylish?

No comments:

Post a Comment