Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Shadow and Bone-Inspired Look

Last week I reviewed Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo and gave it 5 stars--I loved it that much!  I loved the characters--Mal and Alina, the Grisha, the Darkling.  They were all fantastic!

One unique feature about the Grisha in the series (other than their special powers) is that they wear special jackets to distinguish them from normal people.  So I wanted to design an outfit that featured an awesome blazer.  Blazers are a great wardrobe staple because they can dress up an outfit, even if that outfit is pretty casual. 

Here's the outfit I designed:


Don't you love the green with the black and white?  Here's the rundown of the look:
  • The rich green blazer is gorgeous!  It's slim-fitting, too, which takes away the bulkiness of some blazers.  This blazer definitely takes the outfit up a notch.
  • I didn't want any colors to compete with the deep green, so I kept the rest of the outfit on a black/white/gold scheme.  The striped sweater and shorts are classy but casual.
  • The accessories are chic but don't take away from the blazer.  And even though the necklace is large, it just keeps the outfit at a dressier level.  And I think the Grisha would like to look dressy.
So what do you think?  Would you wear this outfit?

To find the actual pieces of the outfit, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment