Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Atlantia-Inspired Outfit

Ahhh, I am so excited about today's outfit!  After reading Atlantia by Ally Condie, I couldn't wait to design something fit for a siren!  Atlantia is all about the setting and characters, so your senses are in total overload as you read.  I could hear the water outside Atlantia, hear Rio's Siren voice trying to break through, see the beauty of an underwater city--there was beauty just in the setup of the story!

Today's outfit is completely inspired by Rio.  She's a Siren (but trying to hide it), and with Sirens comes this insane beauty and hint of danger.  So let me show you what I designed:


Umm, I need a place to wear this dress.  Someone throw a really fancy party and invite me--fast!

Gosh, can't you just see a beautiful, dangerous Siren wearing this to a party?  Now Rio herself doesn't want to flaunt her Siren status, so I can't say she would wear this...it's just an inspiration.
  • The dress--which is GORGEOUS--is completely inspired by the water, the scales of fish, and the sexiness of a Siren.  It completely draws the eye and takes all the attention--just like a Siren.
  • The black tights and black heels give a sense of power, control, and danger.  Again, all Siren qualities.
  • The silver clutch keeps the feminine side of the look.
  • A little cheesy, but I couldn't resist throwing in this necklace.  I wanted a silver dainty necklace, and a music note was too good to pass up.  What would be a Siren without her voice?  A Siren like Rio trying to hide her voice!
So what do you think?  Do you think I got a Siren spot on?
Want to know the details of the outfit?  Find them all here!

I can't wait to show you the outfit I wore yesterday while the hubby and I played hooky!  Well, not really--we took vacation/personal time like a good adult should.  But not being at work on a Tuesday felt like playing hooky!  That will go up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment