Sunday, July 13, 2014

The One-Inspired Outfit

Hey, fashionistas who like to read!  I recently reviewed The One by Kiera Cass, a fun and satisfying conclusion to The Selection trilogy.  The covers of these books are ah-mazingly beautiful, so it was fun to create an outfit for each one.  The cover of The One was a GORGEOUS white ruffly dress, so I decided to create a classy white ruffle look.

So a reminder of the book cover:


20572939

And here's my design:


Let's break it down:

Obviously I wanted a white outfit with tasteful ruffles, but I added in the pop of blue to match the stunning background on the book cover.  Plus it just adds some fun to an otherwise all-white outfit.
  • The peplum top and ruffle skirt pair well together, because they create a double ruffle layer look.  A tasteful, clean way of adding ruffles without getting too over-the-top.
  • I love this chunk blue gem necklace.  It adds so many shades of blue (like a skyline) and gives a contemporary edge to the look.
  • The blue pumps bring the whole look together, and I love pairing a short skirt with pumps rather than flats.
So what do you think?  Could you see yourself pairing white and bright blue?

I've got more reviews coming your way so check back soon!

Peplum top--Tibi Chelsea Racerback
Skirt--Victoria Beckham
Necklace--Sissy Yates
Pumps--Gianvito Rossi leather shoes

*I am not associated with any of the companies or products mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment