Monday, July 28, 2014

If I Lie-Inspired Outfit

Hi, readers and fashionistas!  School is one. week. away.  Where did this summer go??!?  I have to admit, though, that I am excited to get back into the school schedule.  I have some REALLY exciting events planned for this school year and I just can't wait to get started!

Last week I reviewed the book If I Lie by Corinne Jackson--I loved Quinn's story of finding forgiveness and acceptance within her small, military-proud town.  Since Quinn is a military girlfriend for part of the book, I thought I'd design a cute outfit for girls welcoming home their soldier men.  So a little patriotic and a lot girly and cute!  Here it is:


I debated on whether to go with the bold red dress or something softer, like an olive green (military color).  But I think this color has a much more welcoming appeal.

  • This sundress is cheerful and flirty.  I love that it has a young factor but could be worn by women of all ages!
  • The jean jacket vest pairs nicely with the dress, both in material and color.  I like the layer that it adds without being as bulky as a full jacket.
  • I love these tan wedges.  The color is understated so that the dress gets the full attention, but they're summery and sweet.
  • A white watch and tan purse accent the look nicely and keep the patriotic feel.
What do you think?  Would you wear an outfit like this?

Wedges--Modcloth
Watch--Marc Jacobs
Purse--Valentino

*I am not associated with any of the companies/products mentioned.

More reviews coming soon!  Keep checking back!

1 comment: