Friday, May 2, 2014

Into the Still Blue-Inspired Outfit

Wow did I love Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi--my favorite book in the trilogy, mostly because I couldn't get enough of the characters.  And as I mentioned in my review, in this book Aria and Perry's "tribes" have come together in a desperate search for survival.  So I thought today's outfit would represent a mix of their two cultures.  
Aria's group of Dwellers--futuristic, clean lines, and sharp
Perry's tribe of Tides--animalistic, natural, and comfortable

And here's what I came up with:


Neutral yet fun, right?  Here's what I chose:
  • I wanted a leather jacket because the Dwellers were totally into that kind of wardrobe.  But I chose tan for the Tides--a warmer, more natural color.  I paired this with a blank tank to keep it all neutral.
  • Roughed up skinny jeans--rough for the Tides, skinny for the Dwellers.
  • The leopard print shoes are totally Tide-related.  Plus they give the outfit a more comfortable look.
  • Black accessories--stud earrings and a necklace--tie the color palette all together.  I like the chain-wrapped-around-the-stone as a symbol of Aria and Perry's worlds colliding together.
So what do you think?  Could you see yourself wearing this?

Jacket and Tank--John Lewis
Jeans--True Religion
Shoes--Avenue 32
Earrings--JC Penney
Necklace--David Yurman

*I am not associated with any companies/products mentioned.

That's it for this week's posts!  Few but fun...I will be back next week with more books and fashion!  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment