Monday, May 12, 2014

Beautiful Music for Ugly Children-Inspired Look

Happy Monday, everyone!  Unfortunately I've had a case of the grumbles all day--two-year-old tantrums, state testing, end-of-year restlessness...whew!  It was wearing on me today!

But a blog post will make me feel better!  Here's an outfit that I designed based off the book Beautiful Music for Ugly Children (which I reviewed last week).  It's a book about Gabe, a guy who was actually born as Elizabeth.  So today's look is a women's outfit that has incorporated male-friendly pieces.  Here it is:




Chic yet masculine too, right?  I think a girl would be pretty trendy in this!
  • I chose a pin-striped blazer because blazers are still a huge staple for anyone's wardrobe.  And I like the pinstriped look as we head into the summer season.
  • Paired with the blazer are navy ankle pants.  Ankle pants are making a comeback and can be paired with all kinds of shoes.
  • Speaking of shoes, these glittery Sperry shoes are awesome!  So trendy but can still be semi-professional.
  • A large watch with a male-inspired face brings this together.  You don't want too many accessories in a guy-inspired look, and this one does it just right.
So what do you think?  Gals, would you wear it?  Guys, do you see the inspiration?

Blazer--Newlook
Pants--White House Black Market
Shoes--Sperry
Watch--Michael Kors 

*I am not associated with any companies/products mentioned.

I'll be back this week with more book reviews AND a look at how I'm making my house stylish!

No comments:

Post a Comment