Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Antonia-Inspired Look; Three Pieces to Make You Look "Country"

Hi, readers and fashionistas!  I hope you're all having a great week!  The weather has been BEAUTIFUL here in Indiana (I'm so glad I finally get to say that!) and we've been enjoying it by taking the boys to a local fire station and playing in our backyard sandbox.  It's gearing us up for summer break!

On Monday I reviewed the classic My Antonia by Willa Cather, a look at the life of young Jim Burden as he grows up in Nebraska.  So I was inspired by the book to put together a very simple look; in fact, the look is really only three pieces that you can put together for a "country, Out West" look.  By either wearing them together or separately, you just add a little country flair to your look!  So here's what I came up with:




  • First is the dress.  If you want to add a country flair, pick a floral pattern.  This gives the outfit a simple and even dated--almost vintage.  I chose a dress for this particular book design since Antonia loves dressing up and going to the local dances.
  • A jean jacket.  These are coming back BIG TIME in fashion right now.  I chose a cropped vest for this look--vests can really bring a more casual tone to an outfit.
  • Tall brown boots.  What's more country than boots, right?  These are trendy and very durable, and they bring down the "seriousness" of the dress.
So what do you think?  Do you own any of these pieces in your wardrobe?  How do you add a little country to your look?

Dress--Ted Baker
Vest--Etsy
Boots--Burberry

*I am not associated with any companies/products mentioned. 

Tomorrow's book review is over a more controversial book--I can't wait to let you know what I thought of it!  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment