Wednesday, April 30, 2014

REVIEW--Into the Still Blue

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Previously this year I reviewed Under the Never Sky and Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi...GREAT books in the Under the Never Sky trilogy.  I recently read the third and final book--Into the Still Blue and can't wait to review it!  So here we go:

 14288998
  •  Third book in the Under the Never Sky series
  • Dystopian
The Gist:
When we left Aria and Perry, they realized that Sable and Hess had joined forces to kidnap Cinder and force him to take them to the Still Blue.  That would mean safety for them and their people, possibly death for Cinder, and hopelessness for Aria and Perry and their newly-mixed tribe of Dwellers and the Tides.  So Aria and Perry know they must rescue Cinder and find their own way to the Still Blue before the Aether storms destroy them all.   But that means a mission of complete danger, betrayal, and decisions...and Sable and Hess aren't giving up with out a major fight.

What I Loved:
  • Sable and Hess were FANTASTIC villains.  I seriously didn't know how Aria and Perry would surpass them because of their strength in all things evil.  Especially Sable.  One dangerous guy.
  • I loved all the characters and how they returned to be important to the plot--Roar (Oh I LOVE Roar!), Brooke, Soren, etc.  
  • I wasn't expecting for Aria to have any conclusion about the identity of her father--I was happy to see that and it was nicely done.  I liked the dual side to his character, too.
  • Action-packed scenes, bouts of violence--it all had me turning the page quickly.  I was engrossed!
What I Didn't Love:
  • I still miss the cannibals from Book One.  And they're not in this book...isn't it sad and creepy that I miss the cannibals?  I just found them intriguing.  
My favorite quote:  "You're out to hurt at least a few people.  I'm sure of that.  What I'm trying to figure out is how wide you're casting the net."

I never say this about final books in a series, but I think this one was my favorite!  Sad to see it end, actually.  Aria and Perry are a great match, which leave Roar single for me (wait!  I'm married...and oh yeah, Roar isn't real).


It's been awhile since I've had a 5-star review!

I'll be back with a new outfit (inspired by this book of course!).  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment