Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Shatter Me-Inspired Outfit

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Today is World Book Night, and I am SO EXCITED to be participating as a Giver for the first time!  I'll be posting about my experience tomorrow, so check it out to see where I gave away books!

Last week I reviewed Shatter Me, the first book in Tahereh Mafi's trilogy about Juliette and her lethal touch.  Today's outfit is based off that book, and ooh how I wish this outfit were in my personal wardrobe!
Here it is:




So sparkly, right?


Let me explain how I came up with this:

Juliette never wears something like this in the book (although Warner does try to woo her with beautiful clothes).  But I knew for this outfit I wanted something that completely got your attention and had a "danger" factor.  After all, Juliette has everyone's attention since they're afraid to touch her.  And the book is called Shatter Me, so I knew I wanted to play around with metallics and textures.
  • The dress, which I found on Amazon for less than $100, is jaw-droppingly gorgeous.  Silver shimmer...need I say more?  And the perfect length to get everyone's attention!
  • The heels by Stuart Weitzman are bold and more powerful-feeling than a pair of flats.  Who doesn't love a good pair of black pumps?  They make a statement without taking away from the dress.
  • For accessories I stayed simple--the dress is the statement piece--and stayed within the color scheme.  Bracelets are from Dorothy Jenkins and Marc by Marc Jacobs and the clutch (which you want with this dress--no lugging around a purse on your shoulder!) is from VanMildert.com.
So what do you think?  Could this be a show-stopping look?  I think so!

Tomorrow I'll be telling you all about my World Book Night experience...and then Friday you'll see some outfits I've created to go along with glasses (for nerds like me!).  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment