Monday, May 4, 2015

REVIEW: The 100

Happy Monday!  A new week and it's going to be a warm one here in Indiana!

Today's review is of The 100 by Kass Morgan, a book that I read so quickly--I was enthralled with each of the characters and couldn't wait to see where the story took me.  You may know it by the CW TV show of the same name (although I hear it's very different from the book!).  So let's jump right in!

17332969 
  • First book in The Hundred series
  • Dystopian
The Gist:
A nuclear war on Earth completely devastated the planet, so for centuries people have lived in spaceships above it and its radioactive surface.  Scientists, though, believe that Earth may be inhabitable now, so to test it they send 100 juvenile delinquents down.  If they delinquents survive, the rest of the people will join them.  If they don't survive, well then they've only lost the "bad" kids.  But while some delinquents gladly join the trip to Earth, others will fight to stay in space.

What I Loved:
  • The book is told from a variety of points of view, and this made the book so engrossing!  I was hooked into every character's story, especially Glass's for some reason.  Seeing the various ways that the characters felt about their situation and the trip to Earth was fascinating.
  • Speaking of Glass, I'm glad that the book isn't only told from the points of view of teens going to Earth.  I liked having the perspective of life back on the spaceship with Glass and her old friends.
  • A lovely combination of dystopian and sci fi...you've got the corrupt government, the caste system, the forbidden love...and a mixture of spaceships.
  • I also love the mystery of whether or not the rest of the space citizens will come down to Earth.  There's such a mystery surrounding the government's plans.
What I Didn't Love:
  • It's a little unbelievable to me that the people haven't been able to use all their technology to track what's happening on Earth...for 3 centuries.  
I know many people have talked about how much they love the CW show and how it isn't like the book at all...it's never easy to compare books and media, so I'm glad I read this before seeing any episodes!

A super fun read for me--I just loved it!


I'll definitely be designing an outfit for Clark...and since I haven't seen the TV show, she may not look anything like the show's version!

And I'll be posting an outfit this week from date night last week--Luke and I went to the symphony!  It's so lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment