Monday, May 11, 2015

Going to the Symphony--An Outfit of the Day

A few weeks ago, one of my husband's work contacts offered us free tickets to the Indianapolis Symphony.  We had never been to the symphony before, so we jumped at this chance.  And we were pleasantly surprised to hear that Kenny G would be performing with them.  Yes, that ages us about 40 years, but Kenny G!  And I can say--he was spec-tacular.  Amazing in person.

I wanted something nice to wear that was modest and classy, and maybe a bit of a throwback to the time when classical music was common with young adults (was that ever a time?).

I put together this look which I absolutely loved!  I can't wait to wear this to our upcoming graduation ceremony.

Here it is:


I love how the dress cinches at the waist but has mid-length sleeves.  Modest yet young!


And it has pockets!  Dresses with pockets are the best.



Hot pink nails complemented the black in the tights, shoes, and clutch.


The gold necklace pops against the green.  I got this necklace on clearance at Target because a few of the gold strands are permanently tangled (but my hair covers that up!).


A lovely dress for a lovely date.  And seriously, friends--give Kenny G a try.

Dress--H&M (similar here)
Tights--Target 
Booties--Rack Room
Necklace--Target similar here)
Handbag--Jessica Simpson (a yard sale find!)
Nail Polish--Butter London

No comments:

Post a Comment