Friday, July 10, 2015

The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender-Inspired Look

If you're looking for a mysterious, strange, lovely, thought-provoking book, The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender is definitely one to put on your to-read list (check out my review from Tuesday).

Today's outfit is inspired by Ava's family...they're different, a little carefree, uncertain, and maybe even a little wild.  And here's what I designed:


Man, I love this outfit, and I love how it fits the family from this book.  Obviously not literally, since I'm not trying to camouflage wings in the look, but figuratively--it's wild-spirited while still staying inside the lines.

  • An off-the-shoulder shirt is always a bit of a surprise and gives a sense of relaxation and unexpectedness.
  • Pale pink skinny jeans give a softness and femininity.  There is a sweetness to Ava and to her mother, and this expresses that.
  • The feather sandals--ADORABLE--give off the carefree spirit.
  • The pop of color in the earrings (I've had my eyes on these for awhile) and watch represent boldness.  You're not afraid to make a statement if you put in a pop of color.
I would totally wear this outfit--would you?  It's an outfit that is worth a second look--just like the book keeps you thinking.

Want specific details of this look?  Check it all out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment