Monday, July 13, 2015

An Anniversary in Chicago

Last week was my and Luke's 10-year anniversary--a decade in and still going strong!  We dropped the boys off with grandparents and took off to Chicago for three days.  Three fun-filled, adventurous, romantic days.  A much-needed break from the busyness of raising two little boys and working full-time.  Here's a little look at our trip:

 We stayed at the Loews Hotel.  Luke chose this hotel because it is decorated in mid-century design and man did I love everything.  I wanted to sneak every piece of furniture into my suitcase!


The staff service at the hotel was a-mazing.  We were surprised to find champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries as a celebration of our anniversary.


We watched the Cubs play (and lose to) the Cardinals.  My first time at Wrigley Field!


 We shopped all along the Magnificent Mile--I may have used my birthday money at Lush and Kate Spade... Check out this peanut butter that we found at the Hershey Store...we didn't buy any, but I can only imagine how delicious this tastes!


 It was a beautiful day to visit Navy Pier--hello, Ferris Wheel!



We ate at the top of the John Hancock building at The Signature Room--beautiful views of the city for sure!



We visited Cloud Gate--a.k.a. "The Bean" statue.  Much bigger than I expected and very beautiful.


Peekaboo!


And a trip to the Field History Museum.  As always, the Egypt exhibit was my favorite!

Sue the T-Rex:


I am totally stealing this sign idea from the museum and putting it in the library:


A visit of relaxation, good food, and renewal.  Such a special celebration that we loved from start to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment