Thursday, January 1, 2015

Slaying the Debt Dragon--In Stores Today!

First of all, Happy New Year!!!  I hope you had a fun-filled evening ringing in the new year--we have 3 coughing males in our house so we kept it low-key with Netflix and reading.  Although I did make the Mr. and I a fancy champagne cocktail...

A splash of cranberry juice, some bubbly, and a few blackberries!

I have a few resolutions for the year (I'm a sucker for New Year resolutions!)--I'm jumping on board with my church to read the Bible in a year, I'd like to run a 5K, and I want to eat more sushi (yes, I made that a resolution).  So cheers!  Here's to all our resolutions and an adventurous, grace-filled 2015!  

Although I hate to point out that 2015 is already a little disappointing...I mean, Back to the Future DID make me think I'd be flying in cars at this time in my life...

But onto the post!  So obviously I review books on this little blog...rarely do I talk about a book BEFORE I've read it.  But this is no ordinary book.

I'm so excited to announce that my friend Cherie's book Slaying the Debt Dragon is available in stores today!  Guys, go out and buy this book RIGHT NOW!  

21556372
(Image via Goodreads)

Cherie and I have been friends for quite a few years now.  It was just a few summers ago that we sat and talked about our dreams for the future...and her dream was to write a book.  A book about her story of fighting and conquering her dragon of debt (which was more than $127,000!).

But this book is so much more than that.  It's about knowing that your mistakes (whether financial or not) do not make you alone.  It's about being a team with your spouse to make solid family decisions.  It's about having hope in the midst of darkness.  And I'm so dang proud of her for telling you this story!

Remember how I told you that I read during NYE?  Well Luke and I read the Introduction and Chapter 1 of Slaying the Debt Dragon...now that's a way to ring in the New Year!  We had really good conversation about our own financial story and what changes we want to make in our lives.

A few nights ago I attended the launch party for Cherie and her book.  It was such a fun, joyful event at a local coffee shop.  We drank coffee, listened to great music, bought our books for Cherie to sign, and posed for photo booth shots.  I was just so excited to be a part of Cherie's celebration!


The hubs and me with Cherie!

Go to #SlayDebt to see what others are saying about the book and their debt story!

Guys, I'm only a chapter in and I'm so into this book.  Buy it, talk about it, and get yourself out of the debt that is consuming our world.

Proud of you, Queen Cherie!

No comments:

Post a Comment