Friday, January 23, 2015

Esther Earl-Inspired Outfit

Happy Friday, everyone!

This week I reviewed This Star Won't Go Out by Esther Earl (and her family), a memoir of Esther's life before she died from cancer in 2010.  Inspiring and emotional, this story makes you think about the legacy you may leave.

I wanted to design an outfit for Esther because I loved her quirky, zany personality that I so often saw on her YouTube videos; and yet she was mature, intelligent, and well-spoken.  So in other words, a fun but nerdy outfit.  And here's what I designed:

I would love to wear this outfit myself!

  • Esther seemed casual and fun in her outfits, and so I knew I wanted her to wear jeans with a few holes/scuffs in them.  She didn't feel the need to be fancy in front of a camera.
  • Esther loved books and Harry Potter, so this "Leviosa" sweatshirt from Hermione's dialogue was a great choice.  I think Esther probably loved Hermione's intelligent attitude.
  • Converse shoes--casual as you can get with a little edge
  • I love these bracelets that say "Weird." I think these fit Esther's personality because she would totally flaunt any weirdness about herself.
  • A monogram "E" necklace; since her name is so important to the book, I wanted her to feature it in her clothes, too.
So what do you think?  Is this outfit worthy of Esther and her legacy?  I sure hope so.  Rest in awesome, Esther.

Check out all the details of the outfit here.

No comments:

Post a Comment