Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Yaqui Delgado-Inspired Outfit

Hi, readers and fashionistas!  Last week I reviewed Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass, and needless to say, I loved this book.  It was so much better than I expected, and I was rooting for protagonist Piddy the whole way through.

Today's outfit is based on Piddy and her new school.  It's an urban school where Piddy has found herself in the middle of unwanted drama.  So much drama, in fact, that Piddy doesn't want to go to school for fear of being attacked.  So when I designed today's outfit, I created a "tough" outfit, clothes that give a "don't mess with me" message.  Because poor Piddy could use all the help she can get in keeping away Yaqui and her crew.  So here's the outift:


A tough look but girly nonetheless.

  • Skinny jeans are all the rage, but these particular jeans are a little ripped to give it that edgy look.
  • The tank top has girly colors--pinks, yellows, etc--in the design of a large skull.  Gotta be tough if you want to wear a skull, right?
  • Accessories are edgy but feminine--pink high tops (a very urban shoe), black nail polish, and a spike bracelet.
A tough look that isn't overdone; in fact, the accessories are few but complement the clothing well.

So would you wear something like this?  Would you feel tough?

I'll be back with a "How NOT to Look like a Librarian" post and a review of the book The Testing (a great choice for dystopian fans!).  See you then!

Jeans--Pull & Bear
Tank---Modcloth
High Tops--Aldo
Nail Polish--Essie
Bracelet--CC Skye

*I am not associated with any companies/products mentioned.


No comments:

Post a Comment