Monday, September 15, 2014

How NOT to Look Like a Librarian: Party on the Runway!

Hey, readers and fashionistas!  So I love posting Outfit of the Day (OOTD) posts and I've had a lot of people tell me how much they enjoy reading them.  And I've realized that these are all outfits that hopefully don't make me look like a stereotypical librarian.  Hence they will now be called How NOT to Look like a Librarian posts!

We recently had family photos taken by my friend Ariel (for those of you in the Indy area, go check her out at Ariel Eldridge Photography!) and we had so much fun!  Our boys really cheesed it up for her in our old downtown area, but my favorites were actually the couple shots she took of me and the hubby at our local airport.  Luke is a part-time pilot, so anything pilot-related is sentimental and even a little romantic for us.

So what do you wear on an airport runway?  And how could I dress to NOT look like a librarian?  Why a big gray tutu, of course!

When I saw this tutu at the store Windsor, my mom said "Julia, you CAN NOT wear that to school."  And I thought "Why not?!  This is so fun!"  So I snuck back later by myself and bought it (surprise, Mom!).  Here's what my outfit looked like:

I paired the tutu with a simple black T-shirt from Old Navy that says "Forever After" on it.  I thought that was a nice romantic touch.  Then I added a bright pink necklace I bought on vacation, black Steve Madden heels, and a gifted black bangle bracelet.
 


 Oh you know, just sitting on a runway.

 I love this shot, but don't let me fool you--Ariel and I were giggling between shots.

So what do you think?  Would YOU wear this outfit on a runway?

I think this would be a fun outfit to wear to a party or out on a date...it's fun and light-hearted with some soft touches.

I am not associated with any of the clothing companies mentioned (although Ariel Eldridge Photography is one of my bestest of friends!).

No comments:

Post a Comment