Friday, June 27, 2014

The Book Blogger Test

Hey readers and fashionistas!

So I was tagged by my friend Emily (The Gnoming Librarian) to do the Book Blogger Test.  I love challenges, tags, and questionnaires, so this is right up my alley!  I basically get to answer some fun book-related questions for you all.  So here goes!

What are your top three book pet peeves?

  • Books with no chapters--I need chapters!  Chapters with titles are even better.
  • Dumb adults.  I read a lot of YA fiction, and it seems that SO MANY YA books have flat, out-of-the-loop adults (usually parents and teachers).  I really appreciate a book with in-depth adults.
  • Having to re-read a book in a series because you can't remember what happened.  I have so many books on my TBR list that I need to keep reading new books!
Describe your perfect reading spot.
I can read anywhere, but I definitely think I love reading in bookstores the most.  Especially if I can put my legs up on a chair or stool.  Bookstores are so motivating and inspirational, and I love being in them.  Since my husband's not a reader, it's a treat to have a 2-hour reading visit.
And I'll be honest--I LOVE to read in the bathtub.  TMI?

Tell us three book confessions.
  • I NEVER have a bookmark on hand.  Which is such a bummer because I LOVE bookmarks and I'm always needing them.  I have no excuse--I'm a librarian that loves purchasing bookmarks for my students, so they're always in the office.  I just never bring them home.
  • I'm a sucker for biographies, even over random celebrities that probably shouldn't have biographies over them.  This is usually the only nonfiction that I enjoy reading.
  • I didn't like The Catcher in the Rye in high school and I still don't.  I know, I know, Salinger fans are cursing me right now.  I just thought Holden was a whiny teen that needed to go back to school.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Honestly, I just don't cry when reading.  I gasp, I slam books closed, I sigh, but I just don't cry.  Movies are a TOTALLY different story for me, by the way.  I don't think I've ever cried at a book (yes, TFIOS included).  

How many books are on your bedside table?
I always have about 3 books going at once.  I get nervous if I have less than that.

What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
I'm more into fun drinks than I am snacks, so I usually have a coffee frappe drink of some sort to make it a special reading experience.

Name three books you would recommend to everyone:
  • The Westing Game by Ellen Rankin
  • Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (or ANYTHING Ruta Sepetys)
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Show us a photo of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.
Ummm, I keep my personal collection of books at home (mostly to keep the hubby happy) and I'm not at school...so...photo fail for me.

Write how much books mean to you in three words.
"Always exploring reality."  I once heard someone say that reading books isn't just about escaping reality, but also about exploring it.  This is probably something my students get sick of me saying, but I LOVE its concept.  Explore your own reality by the books you're reading.

What is your biggest reading secret?
I PORE over what books to read next.  I have so many books on my TBR list that I just always feel that, by choosing something to read, I'm probably missing out on something else.  It's an inner battle I face constantly.

A fun challenge, and I hope you enjoyed reading my answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment