Monday, June 23, 2014

172 Hours on the Moon-Inspired Outfit

Hey there, readers and fashionistas!

It's been a busy few days around here--I turned 32 yesterday and had a day full of surprises!  I had a surprise lunch with my family at a local restaurant, received sweet gifts, and had a date night with the hubby...a great way to bring in 32!
And today I started potty training our oldest...whew, what a lot of work!  Feeling a bit tired from that, for sure!

Today's post is an outfit inspired by 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad.  This space thriller had such a creepy concept and even more chilling ending, and I knew it would be fun to design an outfit for it.

The outfit, though, is mostly designed around NASA and its work within the book.  So clean lines, astronaut-like accessories, and spacesuit-like colors.  Here it is:


Here's the breakdown:
  • I knew I wanted white and navy as the main colors--white since that's the infamous spacesuit color and navy because it hinted at a nationality (since our history is filled with countries having pride of their space programs).  This blouse reminded me of a flag and had a clean design.  I envision NASA having particular meaning behind all their designs, so a flag-like blouse seemed like the perfect choice.
  • The white leather jacket and white boots reminded me of astronaut spacesuit features, but they aren't over the top.
  • Skinny jeans sink to the background and make the other pieces the main focus.
  • Circular hoops have a planet/rings subtlety and are classic.
So what do you think?  Do you see the space connection?

My friend Emily challenged me to a Book Blogging Test, so I'll be posting that and another review/outfit this week.  See you back here!

Blouse--Modcloth
Jeans--Mango
Boots--Rag & Bone
Earrings--Nine West

*I am not associated with any of the companies/products mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment