Thursday, December 3, 2015

REVIEW--Rebel Belle

Today's post is a review on Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins.  The cover alone should cause you to stop--isn't it gorgeous?!  Even with a dagger on it!  I listened to this book on audio in November and it was fun and suspenseful.  I can't wait to read the sequel!
8475505
  • First book in the Rebel Belle series
  • Fantasy
The Gist:
On Homecoming night, all Harper Price can think about is how she forgot her lip gloss and will need it when she's crowned queen.  But as she's fixing herself up in a bathroom, a custodian and history teacher burst in, fight to the death, and pass the Paladin superpower on to Harper.  A power that makes her super-strong, agile, and lethal.  Not necessarily the most ladylike skill.  And as a Paladin, Harper has to protect David--her everyday enemy.

What I Loved:
  • This book is adorable, fun, and surprising.  The villains are fun and the action is buys.
  • It should be mentioned again that this book is fun.  Who knew killing bad guys could be so fun?  I even laughed out loud.
  • The Southern scene with the Southern characters really came through.  This setting added so much to the plot.
  • If you're going to have a nemesis, it should be someone who beat you in the spelling bee...just saying.
What I Didn't Love:
  • I saw the poisoned punch coming...but I don't think younger readers will.
  • Maybe it's because I was listening to it instead of just reading, but I got a little confused at some of the Paladin/Effers/etc rules and system.  I probably should have re-listened to some parts.   

A really fun read and I can't wait to read the sequel, Miss Mayhem!


No comments:

Post a Comment