Monday, August 11, 2014

A little strong or a little sweet...Pretty Girl-13-Inspired Outfit

Well, I made it through the first week of school!  And it was probably my BEST start to a school year that I've ever had (score!).  I'm loving my students and the direction that our semester is taking.  Just feels good to be back in the swing of things!

Last week I reviewed Pretty Girl-13...not my favorite book for sure, but I knew it gave me some great outfit inspiration.  In the book, Angie has several personalities that often take over.  So I thought I'd take an article of clothing and show how to style it for two very different personalities.  The article?  A long-sleeved flannel shirt.  Fall is coming up--the perfect time for flannel.

So here's what I designed:


Isn't that flannel shirt so cute?!

So what kinds of personalities are you seeing?  Angie had one personality that was like her protector, her "strong" side, so that's the outfit on the left.  And then Angie sometimes communicated with a child-like personality, hence the soft and sweet look on the right.  Let's break them down.

To toughen up a look, add skinny jeans and a leather jacket.  The flannel softens the jacket but the whole outfit still has a stronger appeal.
To soften it, add a flare skirt with a glittery belt and pearls (fake will do!).  This really "girls" up the outfit and keeps it looking sweet and innocent.

Which one do you like better?  I could see myself wearing the outfit on the left to a hayride and the one on the right to a dinner out.

Tomorrow I'll have a new book review on a book that I just COULDN'T put down!


*I am not associated with any companies/clothing items mentioned.


No comments:

Post a Comment