Thursday, March 12, 2015

REVIEW: The Saints

Happy Thursday, everyone!  I'm so used to starting off all my posts with "It's so cold in Indiana!" that I'm so excited to say that it hit over 60 degrees yesterday!  You can just feel the excitement in the neighborhood yesterday as everyone went outside!

A while ago I reviewed the book The Loners, a very CRAZY dystopian book by co-authors Lex Thomas about teens getting stuck together in a school.  I recently read the sequel, The Saints, and oh my goodness.  One of the craziest books I've ever read.

16280108
  • Dystopian
  • #2 in the Quarantine series
The Gist:
It's been 18 months since a virus outbreak hit McKinley High School.  Will and Lucy think that they will soon be leaving the school, but a surprise accident leaves them trapped inside with even more teens.  New alliances form, a new gang--The Saints--starts up, former leaders lose power, and a group of parents appear to offer help.  But who can really be trusted?  And did Will's brother David make it to safety?

What I Loved:
  • Just like with The Loners, this book is full of nonstop action and surprises.  I just couldn't predict ANYTHING that happened.
  • There is one scene in this book that is literally the grossest scene I've ever read in my life.  So why is this in the love category?  Because I didn't see it coming and it added a lot of depth to a character.  But oh my goodness.  I still cringe when I think about it.
  • I liked the addition of the new characters--The Saints, the parents.  And I liked that The Loners disintegrated, because it shows that you just can't trust everyone in your gang.
What I Didn't Love:
  •  I wasn't very surprised by David popping up at the end of the book.  No one would believe he is dead.
Such a crazy but a fun read!  I can't wait to finish the series!





An outfit coming up, inspired by one of the gangs!

No comments:

Post a Comment