Monday, November 24, 2014

We Are the Goldens-Inspired Outfit

Happy Monday, everyone!  Are you geared up for Thanksgiving?  I am ready for the break--even though I have been out of school lately with various trips and conferences, it will be nice to have a chance to just collect myself again.  Moving to a new house has taken a toll, so it's going to be good to just re-group.

Today's post is an outfit inspired by We Are the Goldens by Dana Reinhardt.  In the book, Nell and her sister Layla are soccer players.  So I wanted to design an outfit for Nell on game day.  Since I work in a school, I see the student athletes when it's game day--they dress nicer than the typical school outfit.  So that's the inspiration for the look.

And when I think soccer, I think stripes.  So I designed a classy outfit for Nell with sleek stripes.  Here it is:


Simple enough to wear to school and comfortable...but still stylish!

  • Like I said, soccer makes me think of stripes, so I went for a simple yet chic black and white striped sweater.
  • The black skinny jeans pair nicely with the sweater.  Keeps it casual.
  • I always see my athletes wear flats when they dress up.  They're more comfortable in their dress, so flats just make sense (stereotypically, the star of the girls' basketball team doesn't do well with heels!).  But adding the bows to the top of the flats gives it a feminine touch.
  • A simple but beautiful watch keeps the outfit trendy and accessorized.
What do you think?  Could you see a student wearing this before a game?

More reviews coming up!

Sweater--Uniqlo 
Jeans--House of Fraser 
Flats--Saint Laurent 
Watch--Nixon Kenzi 

*I'm not associated with any brands/companies mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment