Wednesday, October 29, 2014

What My Boys Read for Halloween--Preschool Books

Happy Halloween week!  Whenever a holiday comes around, I love to have a week of decorations, activities, and books to get us all in the mood.  Now that my oldest son is embracing bedtime stories ("One more, Mommy!"), I grabbed a stack of Halloween books from the public library (no sense in wasting money on holiday books when you can get them for FREE!) and started reading.

Here have been our favorites this year:

1895654
Wobble the Witch Cat by Mary Calhoun.  A cute story about a cat too scared to ride on his witch's broom.  One of the lengthier stories of the bunch.

710922
Inside a House that is Haunted by Alyssa Satin Capucilli.  By far our FAVORITE of all the Halloween books.  It has a repetitive rhythm, and my son had the entire book memorized after a few days of reading.  This one might be a purchase for us so we can have it year-round.

1561418 
Peek-a-Boooo! by Marie Torres Cimarusti.  A major favorite due to the flapped pages and silly sound effects that I made.  Even my youngest guy calmed down long enough to watch this one.

595341 
Pumpkin Eye by Denise Fleming.  A beautiful poem about all things Halloween.  I didn't know if my boy was interested in this one, but he asked for it the next night, so it must have been a winner!

38772
The Costume Copycat by Maryann Macdonald.  Since I have two little boys, I loved the sibling center of this story.  A sweet ending, too!

205292

There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Bat! by Lucille Colandro.  A funny, repetitive story with a funny ending.

So what have your kiddos been reading for Halloween?  Or what books have gotten YOU in the Halloween spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment