Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Let's Be Real...and Relaxed

Hey, readers and fashionistas!  Ok, I rarely get "deep" on this blog, but let's take things just a little deeper than my typical book/fashion posts.

Let's backtrack a minute to New Year's Eve...the night that everyone posts photos of themselves with their loved ones.  And I always join in, too.  Even if we're staying at home (and let's be real here...with two little ones at home we are staying home a lot!), I dress myself up and take some selfies with the family to post.  This year, around 6 pm I said to Luke, "Well, I guess I better go get dressed for our New Year's Eve photos."  And you know what he said?  "Why do that?  Just stay comfortable." 

So I did. 

I stayed in my gym sweats and my youth group volunteer sweatshirt and I. was. so. comfortable.  I mean it felt so nice to put my hair up in a messy bun and just relax with my family.

Now let's fast forward to the present.  In my last post, I closed by saying that a Valentine's Day outfit was coming up...and that was my every intention.  I knew the date outfit I was wearing for my lunch out with Luke and was excited to share it.  So when the time came to get all "dolled up" for the photos, I found myself kind of tired and just wishing instead that I could just play with my boys and take it easy.

And that's what I did. 

I stayed in comfy clothes and felt so relaxed and at home with the family.  And none of us minded.

So, no Valentine's Day outfit to post.  And you better believe I didn't post any comfy selfies of myself (ha!).  But it was so nice to stay relaxed all night.

What does this mean?  Not too much.  I'll show outfit posts down the road, especially for holidays, and I'll dress up for holidays in the future.  But in the meantime, it just felt SO GOOD being me, at home, with my boys, no obligations.

So who else dressed down this past weekend?  Or who wish they had?

1 comment:

  1. Um, I may not have taken my pajamas off on Saturday. At all. At bedtime, I just put on a clean pair of pajamas to replace the ones I'd worn for the last 24 hours. I'm a classy lady.

    ReplyDelete